Transfer Funds and Pay Loans
Make loan payments and transfer funds to and from other banking institutions.
Use Your Camera to Transfer Money
The fastest way to make a loan payment or transfer money in from one of your accounts outside Star One is to write a check to yourself.
Then, simply snap a photo of your check and deposit it instantly with ezDeposit in Online Banking, or with Mobile Deposit on your smartphone!
Star One Together with Zelle®
Watch for Zelle in Digital Banking in the 4th quarter of 2019 to send and receive money directly between almost any bank account in the U.S., typically within minutes.*
*To receive money in minutes, the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number must already be enrolled with Zelle.
Zelle is available to almost any bank account in the U.S.
Zelle and the Zelle-related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
How to Pay Your Star One Loans
Use our Mobile App to make a one-time payment to your Star One car loan or Visa account. Simply write a check to yourself from an outside account, then snap a photo of it for instant deposit into your car loan or Visa account.
Use Online Banking to make a one-time payment to your Star One car loan or Visa account. Simply write a check to yourself from an outside account, then use your scanner or a camera to create an image of the check for instant deposit into your car loan or Visa account.
For maximum convenience, set up a recurring loan payment for any amount from your Star One Savings or Checking account at the time of loan origination.
Make a one-time transfer in Online Banking or set up recurring payments. Funds are transferred in real time during business hours for one-time payments. There are no limits on the transaction amounts.
Make a one-time transfer from another financial institution to pay your Star One loan—or register to schedule recurring payments.
- Payments scheduled after 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time will be applied the next business day.
- For principal-only payments, loan payoffs, or payments to special or restricted accounts, please call us.
- Regulation D restrictions may apply when transferring money out of a savings account—contact your external financial institution for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a fee imposed by Star One to process an online payment?
No, there is no fee charged by Star One to use this service.
- How far in advance could I schedule a loan payment?
Loan payments can be scheduled in advance up to three future payments.
- How can I schedule a loan payment to be taken out in the future?
Future payments can be scheduled by enrolling for the Auto Pay feature. To sign up, click on “Enroll Now” link on the main page and create a user name and password or enroll after making a one-time loan payment. Once automatic payments are scheduled, they will continue until canceled or a suspension date may be entered at set up.
- Could a payment be cancelled once scheduled?
Yes, but only if cancellation is requested the same day payment was made prior to 3:00 pm PST.
- What are the acceptable methods of payment to process an online payment?
At this time only a transfer from a savings or checking account at another financial institution is allowed.
- Is there a fee imposed by Star One if there are insufficient funds to cover the payment transfer as requested?
Yes, the fee is $15.00.
- Could I payoff my loan using this channel?
No, payoff quotes are not available through this service. Please call us for assistance with a loan payoff.
- Will my payment be posted the same day payment is made?
Yes, as long as payment request meets the required cutoff time of 3:00 pm PST.
- Will using this service to make a payment affect the scheduled transfers previously set up for a loan?
No. A payment made using this service will not stop the previously scheduled transfer. Both payments will be applied and the loan due date will be advanced accordingly.
- For payments made to a Visa, Personal Line of Credit or Home Equity Line of Credit account, would the excess payment amount (if applicable) be applied towards the next payment due date?
No. Any excess payment amount will be applied towards the principal balance. The next payment amount is not determined until the next billing statement is generated.
- How can I make an extra payment to be applied towards the principal balance?
This is allowed as long as the principal-only payment is included with the regular payment. Any excess payment will be applied towards the principal balance. For example, if your mortgage payment is $2,674.62 and you want to pay $500.00 towards principal, enter a payment of $3,174.62 under “Other Amount.” The $500.00 will then be credited towards the principal balance.
- What if I make a payment to the wrong account in error?
Please call us as soon as the error is discovered for assistance.
- If my loan is delinquent, is the late fee required to satisfy the minimum payment amount?
This depends on the type of loan. For a real estate loan, the late fee is not required to satisfy the minimum payment due for that month; however, it will still be due. For a consumer loan (vehicle, Visa or personal loan), the late fee will be deducted from the minimum payment amount, which means a lesser amount will be applied towards the principal balance.